I am sure you have been dying for the Goss on the second half of my first week in OZ.
Thursday was a big day. We began with a beginner Jazz class with Adam Murray at the Sydney Dance Company. During our class their were auditions for West Side Story so we heard millions of people warming up their voices. I will try to remember the dance moves for a production when I get home:) After Dance class Molly and I walked around The Rocks and found our way to Darling Harbour. There we were asked if we wanted to paint pictures on the harbor walkway. Each picture painted that day American Express was dontaing money to an Australian arts charity. So of course I couldn't pass that up so we painted pretty canvas pictures! While we painted we got a bit sun burned, but we enjoyed painting as we looked over the busy harbor! Our big day continued with some shopping at Paddy's market. What a great place! Some of you may or may not have gifts from there;) It's a big enclosed swap meet! We were there for two hours just walking up and down the isles past the vendors.
Next we decided to go back to Circular Quay for a closer view of the Opera House. All of the productions are sold out while we are here, but we toured ourselves around the Opera House and had a great time. Then all of the sudden we looked in the distance and saw our row mates from the plane ride from SFO to SYD. Yet again he was way more excited than we were to see him and his wife and daughter. We took some photos with them and were on our way... what are the odds to see three people from our plane out of millions of tourists?!?!?!?!? Great day around Sydney!!!Thursday night was a resting night for the big Bridge Climb!
Friday was Bridge Climb day. We took the Manly Ferry into Circular Quay and as we walked to the Bridge Climb office I got more and more nervous. It may have been because we were walking closer and closer to the bridge and I could see tiny little people on the top of the bridge climbing on what looked to be a very scary pathway. As we got dressed in our lovely jumpsuits we were fit with a big ball and chain to connect us to the safety line, sunglass holders, a hat and head phones! We began the climb and the first ten minutes were heart palpitating scary! We walked along wood planks and climbed a steep steep ladder to get to the arc of the bridge. I wasn't sure about the whole seeing the water below from what I thought was miles above the ground. Luckly I made it to the Summit and was LOVING the views. I kept telling myself "it's just a ladder" and it was SPECTACULAR! I recommend this for ANYONE visiting Sydney! And after the climb I treated myself to some shopping, duh!
Then it was prep time for the Beach Party #1! We spent the evening at Curly Surf Club partying with the Murray's and their friends. What a blast! All the guys wanted to meet the American Girls:) Just by knowing what American Football is, Molly and I were very popular!
Saturday: We went sightseeing to palm beach, scotland island, mona vale and shopping with Brooke and Sandy Daley. We had lunch with Mark too, but he wasn't sure he wanted to partake in our shopping extravaganza! They have some great malls and shops here. Tons of stores we don't have but totally need! :) Brooke and Sandy were really fun to get to know!
That night was Beach party part 2! Two times more fun than the night before. All of our same friends were excited to see us again! The Curly boys know how to party! I have never seen more men get in a group and dance together. Very fun night!
Sunday was a day of relaxation at the Curly beach and pool. We needed to just chill. The Sun is WAAAY stronger here. Then we met up with David and went to the Sydney Fish Market. We enjoyed tons of seafood and tasted our first Oyster! Molly called it a "Salty Slippery Bugar" she was spot on! What a great day! We are getting Tan here. That's one of our highlights!!!
Love to all! We are off to Airlie Beach today!
Love,
Katie
February days
1 year ago
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment