Friday, July 23, 2010

Ace of Cakes

Ace of Cakes? I think not, but I really enjoyed icing and decorating this red velvet nutella cake with cream cheese frosting! The cake was made with love (not technique or pure skill) for a baby shower. Perfect or not, I had a fabulous time making it in my miniature kitchen:)








I think next time I will attempt to decorate with fondant... I am up for the challenge! By the way, the cake recipe came from my friend Amy and it got rave reviews!! Thanks, Ames! Also, check out Clara Jane's Confections to see the real Ace of Cakes, cupcakes and cookies!!
What could go better with a baby shower cake??? Baby Shower burp cloths! That's right, I sewed straight lines:) Check out my designs below!!!

Until next time!

Love,

Katie

1 comment:

  1. your cake is lovely! and i DIE over your fabric choices!!! i drooled a bit..
    super cute burp cloths! any baby girl would feel fashionable puking on those! :)

    ~selina(sis#1)

    ReplyDelete