Friday, February 5, 2010

Cakes & Plates

I think what I enjoy most about baking is the display!! I sure wish I could make a kick ass cake to go on a fabulous cake plate. For my sister's bridal shower I must have searched high and low for the perfect cake plate. I had to find one that was big enough, but wasn't too tall and was pretty enough to use again for future entertaining. I picked one from Sur la Table, but I wish I would have had one of these:



A family friend of mine, Erin McGlynn, makes these... the most fabulous cake plates I have EVER seen. The best part is the blue floral cake plates are my Dutch Great-Grandmother's formal dishes. Erin turned these dutch dishes into beautiful heirloom cake plates! Not sure which one to choose... my mom says I have to share with our other family members:)

Erin includes a personalized tag on each of her designs

Love,

Katie

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, those are so cool! I love them! ...so pretty! What a great thing to have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie,
    Yay for your blog! And you are super crafty! I love everything! We need to get back on the Chi O kick, I totally pushed that stuff aside. Hope all is well!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete