There is a song that I constantly find myself singing in my head, "wishin' and hopin' and thinkin' and prayin'..." I think I sing that jingle when my thoughts wander about finding a job, an apartment and all of the wishes that I have for my life and others around me. So naturally, when I found the word "wish" made of wood at Michael's crafts (see above picture) I NEEDED to spend the $.75 on it:) I sanded the edges to add my personal shabby chic touch to it!
Wish. I wish I could make a perfect donut cake. Below is attempt number two:
I think I am going to take a break from donut cakes;)
Relax. (also found at Michael's for $.75) I need to relax about finding a new career.... It will happen!
Sewing relaxes me. The best part about sewing is giving my aprons away as gifts. It makes me happy that others can enjoy what I spend time making.
I made this one for Amy
This one is for another friend as a "Thank You" (she hasn't received it yet)
Without even realizing it until I wrote this blog, I have learned from these two pieces of wood... I've learned to keep dreaming and wishing of all the excitement ahead and to stay relaxed and do the things I love because I believe good things come to those who bake cakes and sew aprons:) right?
Stay tuned...This is fabric for my next project. Maybe this one will have a pocket;)
Love,
Katie
.jpg)
I love all of your fabrics! Where did you find them? ...and maybe you can teach me how to sew, haha ~ because I literally have NO CLUE, haha...love your "words" from Michaels!
ReplyDeleteHi Katie!
ReplyDeleteI found your blog through Amy's, and really enjoyed reading about all your adventures down under! I studied abroad there in college and recognized so many of the sights you saw, too. I hope you are doing well!
PS - I think the doughnut cake looks GREAT with the colored sprinkles on top!
Katie,
ReplyDeleteYou should sell your aprons on etsy!! it is the best ever and they are super cute!
Hi Katie! Good to find you on here (I linked from Amy's) :) I am going to add you to my blog list though so I can follow along with all your adventures. Hope you are doing well!
ReplyDelete